The Colour Symposium brings together Belgian and international speakers from various disciplines spanning the fields of art, design, science and technology. A 3-day event encompasses 2 days of presentations, interactive colour exploration, a tour of the Light & Lighting Laboratory and its latest research, film screening and a full day workshop on colour education.
Presentations cover the latest colour research and application in areas such as art, design, architectural and spatial design, lighting design, film, science and technology, colour education and psychology.
program in progress
Thursday May 23
SYMPOSIUM DAY 1
- Cinema colors, now and then by Nicola Mazzanti from Cinamatek in collaboration with Allessandro Rizzi
- Digital film restoration and image quality by Majed Chambah
- Diagnosis of a frame by Alice Plutino
Friday May 24
SYMPOSIUM DAY 2
- Teaching Colour to non-scientists by Robert Hirschler
- Colour Associations in Different Cultures by Ivar Jung
- The Colors of Alvar Aalto and Artek – early influences and evolvement by Harald Arnkil
- The Color Explorer Room by Maggie Maggio